The maximum duration of your study financing is dependent on the place of study.
- Netherlands, Curacao and Aruba: maximum: 6 years
- All other countries: maximum: 5 years
If you need additional time to complete your studies then you must request an extension in the form of a 100% loan.
- A letter addressed to the Minister of Education, Culture, Youth and Sport Affairs requesting an extension of your study financing or 100% loan
- This letter must contain your motivation/reasons for needing an extension.
- The letter must be submitted before April 30th to ensure processing before August 1st.
- An official document from the school indicating your new expected graduation date and subject to be completed during this period.
- A degree audit (if applicable)
- A copy of your recent grades
- Proof of enrollment
- Information regarding your eligibility for study financing from DUO (if applicable)