The COVID -19 pandemic severely affect the Government of St.Maarten financial liquidity position. Consequently, some restrictions may apply on the issuance of funding for summer course(s) and or study abroad programs.
The following study financing recipients will remain eligible for funding:
- who are required to take mandatory course(s) or study abroad program that are prerequisites to graduate for Summer and/or the upcoming Fall semester;
- who are attending schools with an academic year consisting of three mandatory semesters (Fall, Winter and Spring);
Criteria and conditions:
- A letter addressed to the Minister of Education, Culture, Youth and Sport requesting summer course funding.
- Please indicate in your letter the amount that is being requested. (maximum NAF. 13.500,00)
- The amount disbursed will be a combination of grant and loan in the ratio 2:3 (40%:60%) or a 100% loan.
- The deadline to submit a request for summer course funding is April 15, annually.
- The request should always be signed by the applicant.
- Proof that credits earned during summer school will ultimately lead to a reduction in the time needed to earn your degree or
- Proof that the summer courses are mandatory to graduate.
- Proof of the summer school cost (tuition, books/materials/housing etc.)
Please login to https://my.studyfinancing-sxm.com/ to request your summer course funding before April 15.
For more information or questions , please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1721-5273840 (WhatsApp)