Study financing is provided by the Government of St.Maarten to eligible citizens of St.Maarten, to pursue professional development opportunities thereby assisting in creation of a better future for the beneficiaries and the community at large.
Study Financing from the Government of St.Maarten is awarded as:
- 100 % loan
- Older than 26 years,
- Parental income > Naf. 200.000 (Only upon request)
- To pursue a master study (already in possession of a bachelor degree)
- 80% loan and 20 % grant
- Parental income between Naf. 200.000 – Naf. 80.000,-
- 60 % loan and 40 % grant
- Parental income < Naf. 80.000
- An interest rate of 5% is applicable to all study loans.
- In specific cases of abuse an additional 5% penalty may become applicable