If your monthly study debt payments are too high. Then you can request a reduction via a ‘draagkrachtmeting’ or financial assessment of your ability to repay the monthly study debt amount.
To request a reduction in the monthly payment amount you will need to submit:
- A letter addressed to the Minister of Education, Culture, Youth and Sport requesting a ‘draagkrachtmeting’ or financial assessment of your ability to repay the study debt.
- Please mention in this letter the monthly amount that you are requesting to repay
- Include a breakdown of your monthly income and- expenses in your letter.
- Sign the letter.
Required supporting documents:
- Salary slips for the last 2 months (if applicable)
- Proof of tax declaration for at least two (2) years previous to this request
- If you are unemployed please indicate how your living expenses are being covered and provide supporting documents .
- Proof of monthly expenses, eg. loans, rent, gebe, etc. (if applicable)
Email this information to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org