Ministry of Education, Culture, Youth & Sports, Division Study Financing
Ministry of Education, Culture, Youth and Sport Affairs
The of Division Study Financing within the Ministry of Education, Culture, Youth and Sport is looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic, experienced and educated professional to fill the following position:
Study Financing Officer
To provide professional development opportunities for eligible citizens of St. Maarten via information, support and financing in a dynamic, innovative and client-friendly manner thereby assisting in creation of a better future for individuals and the community at large.
Tasks consist of the following, but are not limited to:
- Process requests from recipients for study financing related benefits and services
- Maintain regular contact with study financing recipients, schools, parents, career guidance counselor etc.
- Maintaining and updating of the study financing database administration -and financial payments system
- Accurate preparation of advisory documents through research and analysis of case file, applicable legislation and policy
- Processing of new applications study financing and related service
- Facilitating the study financing payments, decision making- and issuance process and the collection of outstanding study loans
- Control and monitoring study financing recipients and their academic progress
- You are in possession of an Associate’s degree or SBO/MBO level 4 diploma or higher
- You have:
- proven experience with customer service/relations, control and monitoring cycles and career counseling
- proven knowledge of the secondary education system on St. Maarten, tertiary education system in the Caribbean, USA, Canada and Europe
- proven knowledge of the study financing legislation and policy of the Government of St. Maarten
- an affinity and interest in customer service, the study financing target groups
- Experience working in a production/results-driven, complex, political and administrative environment and able to contribute to it positively.
- In depth knowledge of the working environment of Division Study Financing.
- You are able to work in a high paced and demanding environment whilst maintaining a cool head in hectic situations and work efficiently and within the specified deadlines.
- You have knowledge and expertise with database systems, preparing advices, ministerial decrees and reports
- You have communication and writing skills in English and Dutch, organizational -and administration skills
- You have proven knowledge and experience with:
o Making presentations to parents and students
o Creating and designing brochures, flyers, etc.
o Microsoft Office package
Your salary will be dependent on your qualifications, experience and will range between Naf 2,478.00 and Naf 5,388.00 per month.
For more information please visit our website on http://pnosxm.sharepoint.com, www.studyfinancing.sx or contact Mr. Antonio Aventurin via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are the right candidate for this position above, please send your application letter and resume to email@example.com, Head of the Department : Antonio.firstname.lastname@example.org Personnel advisor : Siegnara.email@example.com no later than Friday April 20th, 2021.